Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Preethi!


This Sunday, May 25, is the birthday of a very good friend of mine, Preethi. I met Preethi about 4 years ago when I worked for Deloitte. She lived in India, and I was of course in Tennessee. We made an instant connection after I sent a team photo by email; it was the first time she had a chance to put faces with names from the other side of the planet. She almost immediately sent a photo over email of herself along with her new husband, Abhi.

Sometimes we get gifts unexpectedly. And Preethi has been and still is one of those gifts to me. I often think that we are the same soul in 2 different bodies in 2 different places and 2 different cultures. I salute Preethi for being the young woman she is - strong, beautiful, and courageous. She is the kind of girl that doesn't mind making waves and taking chances. I am blessed to call her a great friend. And even though we don't get to share chic flicks or long lunches, when we do have a chance to catch up on the phone, it's like we never missed a beat at all. Happy Birthday, Preethi, from the Harpers! We love you!

No comments: