Sunday, March 23, 2008

Last Weekend At Montgomery Bell


I mentioned in an earlier post that I attended the TPPA seminar last weekend at Montgomery Bell State Park. It was a great weekend! I got to see a lot of my fellow photographers who also have businesses in TN and hear some speakers share ideas. It was really a pleasure and also an honor to hear Richard Ramsey of Bartlett. He is extremely accomplished in his skill and also in his artwork; he has received SO many awards for his photography. If you ever see it in person, you be able to tell immediately that this man is gifted...

I am attaching a photo that I took early Sunday morning. The air was brisk and cool - the kind of air that feels good when it hits your lungs. I could see the fog lifting off the water from my balcony and had to walk down to get a shot of it. I normally do not shoot a lot of nature, but these shots make great wallpaper for my computers of which I rarely tire of seeing. These shots also remind me of just how quickly scenes appear and disappear in a blink. The way the bridge cuts across the frame makes it look like the right side is wider than the left. In fact, it is an optical illusion! The photo is actually a perfect rectangle!

c ya!






No comments: