Monday, September 8, 2008

Sweet Sixteen


It doesn't get any better than this...here you see an orange furball that has been near and dear to me since I was 19. He goes by lots of nicknames: The Big Orange (go vols!), Orange Pumpkin, and my personal fave is the Notorious T.I.G. His given name is Tigger, and he turns 16 this month. It was love at first sight the first time I saw him (he was already nearly two), and not long after that I brought him home to my parents' house without asking permission (I guess this is where I should say thanks mom & dad for not making me take him back!). He may have a slightly ornary personality as John and Peyton will honestly tell you, but he is my sweet kitty nonetheless. Last night before bed, I was working on my laptop and going over notes when he decided to join me. We normally don't let him just lounge around up there because he is so furry, but on occasion I will let him sneak a nap. His tendency is to rest on whatever it is that I need, and so here you see him stretched out on my binder...and I couldn't resist grabbing the closest camera and getting a quick shot. He is beautiful for sure... There are days that I look at him after all these years (the whiskers are getting gray and he keeps dropping weight), and I think to myself what a physically beautiful creature he is. Before John and I met, he was my constant companion and roommate...and I will always love him for it.

Last week we got some over-the-top gorgeous images from the sessions we booked. Every single one of those sessions was so enjoyable! I will try to post again this week to show you all some of those images! It is awesome to be able to work with the nicest people...thank you to everyone who made last week so terrific!

No comments: