Thursday, November 13, 2008

Glistening Gold

Today I had the chance to drive up to Smithville for a portrait that will be used on a Christmas card very soon! If you know where Snow Hill is going through Dowelltown...man, it is breathtaking in nothing but gold right now...and I surely wasn't expecting to view something this magnificent after a day of rain. Our leaves in Lebanon are starting to hit the ground fast. As much as I had hoped the camera would see it like I did - this image still doesn't do the scene justice. I had always thought that the reds and oranges were my faves, but this was literally a sea of gold with the sun barely kissing the leaves making them even more luminant. WOW! I just wanted to share it with everyone who visits the blog...so enjoy! One verse of scripture that I think of often when I see something as breathtaking as this is I Corinthians 2:9 - "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him."

c-ya!




No comments: